Your First Office Visit
Your initial office appointment will consist of a consultation with one of our doctors to evaluate and determine your treatment needs. Occasionally, procedures such as extractions can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day. Patients requesting or requiring general anesthesia or IV sedation require a pre-operative evaluation except in certain emergency situations.
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. Even though you may have recent routine dental films, we frequently need to take a special x-ray called a Panorex. Occasionally, we may recommend a three dimensional image called a Cone Beam CT scan if it is indicated.
Please assist us by providing the following information before or at the time of your consultation:
- A surgical referral slip from your dentist or physician indicating why you are seeing us
- Bring any X-rays which were given to you
- A list of medications you are presently taking
- If you would like to register online through our secure server, click here. You can also fill out the form, print it, and bring it to our office.
- All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.